
Picture The Notebook...why isn't romance like that in todays society, all you hear about now is one night stands, drugs, hangovers, and so on. I am sure it went on in the old days but you hear it so much more now.
People keep more to themselves as well apparently, and just much more closed off.
Fairgrounds instead of clubs, picnics instead of posh restaurants, laying in a field together than a one night stand...and so on.
Where is the excitement in todays 'love'? I am sure it goes on, but after talking to a fair few elderly people it has pretty much died...apart from the odd occasion/person who is all for proper good old fashion romance.
Holding the door open for women, some people are 'too busy' to even think twice about holding a door, helping someone carry something across the road, a wait to have sex so every touch is better than the last, occasional writing to one another instead of texts, a hand picked flower instead of a bouquet...
Things like this :)
I know I would much rather have one single hand picked flower than a bouquet of flowers, or not even hand picked..just one flower, because that flower would be better than the rest because he would have picked it out.
If you are still reading this, I am impressed...
I am only writing this now because I have watched alot of romance films the last few days, and always thought how good 'old romance' would be to come back.
I don't like pervy men who stare when you walk past them, I dont like 'get your tits out' shouted at me from a car driving by, I dont want someone to talk dirty/rude the first day I meet them.
I know a few other people feel the same way, bring back romance! how it used to be, with a teeny mix of how it is today :)

No comments:
Post a Comment